Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Sophisticated Adult Day Chronicled Through Pictures

http://weeklyphotographychallenge.blogspot.com/2009/07/challenge-24.html


Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to face the challenges of the day.


Trying in advance to overcome the stress of being an adult.


Riding to work, trying to beat traffic.


Financial planning, trying to ensure the monetary well-being of my future and that of my family by making sure I save a large portion of the money I make during the pay period.


Clearing my head of mental anguish, rebooting to survive the rest of the day.


Contemplating life.


Keeping in mind my slowing metabolism, I refuel while trying to stay healthy, and most importantly trying to stay regular.


I journal of my day's excitement and the great feats I accomplished before hitting the hay.



Believe it or not, this isn't too far off what I do on a regular basis. Since I only work about twice a week right now, I usually sleep til about noon, roll out of bed, and don't really do anything. Sorry for having so many pictures, but with as busy of a schedule as I have, it's hard to narrow it down even to the 8 pictures I used :-p. I was thinking about putting a picture of me shaving, but that is incredibly unrealistic, because I only do that about once a week. But yes, this was my Tuesday. And will likely be my Wednesday as well. Yeah.

7 comments:

  1. HAHAHAA I love it!!! I liked the financial planning and the watching of Spongebob. Actually, I loved them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say...I think journal writing is my fav;-) But...LOVE the eating one, how you are out of focus and the food is the main focus of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josh! So Becky showed me this last night while you were on the phone with her and I died laughing, so I thought I would tell you as much. Also, I hate you because I've been doing the blog thing for a year and have never managed to post anything half as entertaining as your pictures. You rule at life. Come visit us, we miss you!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Josh!
    I don't think I have ever really laughed this hard at a challenge entry- very creative!
    My fave: the bathtub scene. Hands down! I love the context- how you have the little rubber ducky, the scrubber, and the suds in your hair. Very nice.
    Artistically, i enjoy the food one- great set-up, and I love that you are blurry in the background (shows good shallow depth of field) and that you are being active by taking a bite- very well done at conveying the context!
    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the series! It really made me laugh. My favorite artistically is the one with the brat. I like the depth o' field and the splash of color that the ketchup adds spilling over the edge. I thought that the shower was the most funny and I also really appreciated you writing in your diary. Nice job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh, these photos really made me laugh. I have to say that by looking at these it does seem that you do indeed have a lot of time on your hands. This many self portraits can bet pretty time consuming.

    My favorite portrait is the bathtub photo. It seems I'm not the only one. I also love that you put it as your FB profile photo. Although a commentary was not required I think yours actually added to the humor of the photos.

    I agree with Erica that your strongest artistic photo is the food one. This is also the only photo where you weren't the focus of the image. I think it would have been nice to see a few more pictures like that, maybe that's why the food photo stuck out so much. The lighting is also the strongest in that image as well...was it natural light?

    Great job this/last week!

    diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Josh. Diana's brother. Jon's old college roommate. These photos cracked me up. A great series.

    I agree with Diana on the food one. It's the most interesting from an art perspective, though I really like the one with spongebob.

    ReplyDelete